Dear BOP Students and Parents,
I hope you all enjoyed your time off from band. The first three weeks and the parade was a great start to the 2016 BOP marching season. Your staff are incredibly proud of all of you! Now comes the fun part, starting Monday July 25th we start the process to bring the 2016 marching show, “Are You Watching Closely”, to life. It’s going to be a fun three weeks working with you and seeing what you can do. The staff and I have some reminders for you for next week.
- Drink plenty of water! Looking at the long range weather forecast the temperatures will be in the 80’s and low 90’s. Have a large water jug with you at all rehearsals so the staff can keep you hydrated. Drink water the night before rehearsal and the morning of rehearsal.
- Eat a good breakfast and make sure you eat at lunch.
- Bring and wear sunscreen. We always have students that get really sunburn from the long hours that we’re on the parking lot.
- Wear good shoes and socks.
- Have a three ring binder with clear plastic inserts for music and drill and a string long enough to carry your binder.
- Be prepared to work hard. For us to be successful we need everyone to put in their maximum effort.
- Attend rehearsals-We cannot get better as a group if we have large number of absences.
- Talent Show-On August 13th after the parent preview we have a student lock in until 12:00 midnight to celebrate the end of band camp. Part of the night is a student talent show. Please start thinking about and preparing your acts. One of the staff members will audition all acts during the week of August 8th.
- Rehearsals are closed to the public. We need the students to be 100% focused for time that we have them in rehearsal. This is just like any other class that you may have in school. If friends and family want to see what you are doing they can arrive the last fifteen minutes of rehearsal to watch the final run through of the show.
On Monday we will start the Tin Caps game fundraiser. Each student will be required to purchase their own ticket for the game. This is a fun night for the band and their families. Please sell as many tickets to family and friends. One half of your students ticket sales will go into the student’s band account.
Any parents or family members wishing to support the BOP students at contest, chaperoning, fundraisers, concessions, pit crew, and other activities that will put you in working contact with students other than your own will need to complete and submit a Volunteer Application to the Northrop office. You will not be able to assist in any of these capacities until approved by FWCS. Forms are above the orange mailbox in the band room.
Lastly, Saturday August 13th is our parent preview show. Please come and see what your students accomplished during the three weeks of band camp.
Let’s have a wonderful and successful band camp!