We are in need of bottle water, bus snacks and BOP supplies!!
We need everyone to help and donate at least one item and a case of water. We use the water for the kids during the time we are at the performances and bus snacks are given to the kids on the trip back. We recommend your children bring money or extra snacks to eat while at the performances.
The suggested donation list is as follows:
We have a student that has a major peanut allergy. We cannot have products donated that contain peanuts, all nuts. Peanuts and tree nuts. Thank you
GUARD: Package of Slim Jims, cheese and crackers packs, Frito Lay multi-packs.
Woodwind: Capri Sun 10- packs, Bag of fun sized candy bars, Twizzlers tub
Brass: Fruit gushers or fruit snacks, granola bars, Frito Lay multi-packs.
Pit and Drumline: Nabisco snack packs, Little Debbie snacks, Dum Dum suckers (only 1 bag needed)
Parents, please feel free to send the following items in on the day of competitions: String cheese, Gogurts, homemade brownies and or cookie.
Please make sure you write your name and BOP on what you bring in so we can keep track who brought what in, Thanks!!
If you cant volunteer or help out you can help by providing one or more items from our BOP supply and wish list.
Kleenex, tide pens, 4 step stools (2 to use on the carts and 2 for the semi, 6 pairs of kid's scissors, white electrical tape, nail polish remover, cotton balls, black hair elastics, black bobby pins, toilet paper, hairspray, pads and tampons, black calf/knee high socks, 33 gallon trash bags, febreze fabric refresher, Lysol spray, weiman leather wipes (available at Kroger), rags, 1st aid kit (ibuprofen and Tylenol), and black shoe laces
Thanks for all donations!!
Please place all items in our band closet
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!
Yes, the McDonald's Coupon Books are back by popular demand,
Just in time to help you pay band fees before the Early Bird deadline of Aug 13!
* The books are a great value - they sell for $5.00 apiece. Easy peasy.
* You earn $4.50 for your account for every book sold.
* We have a limited quantity to start with, so first pickup is limited to 5 books per student until we run out. We'll get more books, don't worry.
* You are responsible for the $ amount of the books you pickup. There are no returns. Don't pick up more than you think you can sell.
* You can pickup more books when you turn in the money for the ones you already have.
* Fundraiser starts Monday, Aug 1st after band practice, and runs through Thursday, Aug 11th. Two weeks to crank it out & earn your band fees.
* A Fundraiser Mom/Dad will be on the patio after practice every day for pickup/funds turn-in.
* Funds may also be placed in a sealed envelope with the student's name written clearly on it & what the money is for, and placed in the orange BOP mailbox. Never place loose or undesignated payments in the mailbox. We do not have any mind readers on staff.
* Checks should be made out to NMPA.
* Questions? Beverley Pape or Amanda Crist are contacts for this fundraiser.
NORTHROP BOP PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE
SATURDAY, AUGUST 13TH PARENT PREVIEW
FRIDAY, AUGUST 26TH FOOTBALL GAME-SOUTH SIDE
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 31ST TIN CAPS GAME
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH FOOTBALL GAME-CARROLL
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH BLUFFTON INVITATIONAL
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 17TH DEKALB INVITATIONAL
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23RD FOOTBALL GAME-BISHOP LUERS (Home Coming)
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 24TH AVON/GREENWOOD INVITATIONAL
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1ST HOMESTEAD INVITATIONAL
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7TH FOOTBALL-NORTH SIDE
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 8TH SNIDER INVITATIONAL @WAYNE HS
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15TH ISSMA REGIONALS-LAFAYETTE JEFF HS
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22ND ISSMA SEMI-STATE-BEN DAVIS HS
1. All events listed here are required events. These are public performances, and your attendance is required.
2. If you are going to miss a required performance, you must speak to the head director as soon as you are aware of your absence. That way arrangements can be made to cover your spot.
3. Failure to attend a required performance (for any reason) my result in the loss of your spot on the field.
The contest schedule is tentative and could change slightly.
Mark your calendars and tell your friends that the Big Orange Pride will be performing at Parkview Field on Wednesday August 31st. Plan to join the pregame concert and stay for the fun.
Game starts is 7 PM. Concert tentative start 6 PM
50% of the proceeds to support the students of the BOP
Click here to download flyer
*The Tin-Caps flyer that was pass out earlier had the cost of the tickets omitted.
ATTENTION BOP PARENTS!!!
In order to volunteer for anything BOP related where you will be around the kids, Fort Wayne Community Schools requires that you complete Volunteer Application Form.
You can find the form on the FWCS website, or through the link in this email. The forms are to be valid for three years but the database was wiped clean a couple years ago. We recommend that if you are not sure if you have a form on file, that you give your name to any Board member and we will check and let you know if you have a form on file.
Click here to download the Volunteer Application Form
Again, this is very important. FWCS is monitoring this more closely than in the past so we need to make sure that every volunteer has a form on file! Thanks for your assistance.
NIMPA has extended the deadline to receive the $50 discount!
All accounts paid on or before the Parent Preview on August 13th will be eligible to receive the $50 discount!
Please place all payments in the big orange mailbox in the band room. Make sure you write 'band fees' and your child's name on the envelope.
All band fees including color guard are $350 this year. If you pay on or before August 13th you only owe $300.
There is also a $50 discount if you have more than one child in the band!
We are starting to sell Tincap's tickets this week! For every ticket you sell, $4 will go toward your child's account! More details to come! SELL! SELL! SELL!!
Dear BOP Students and Parents,
I hope you all enjoyed your time off from band. The first three weeks and the parade was a great start to the 2016 BOP marching season. Your staff are incredibly proud of all of you! Now comes the fun part, starting Monday July 25th we start the process to bring the 2016 marching show, “Are You Watching Closely”, to life. It’s going to be a fun three weeks working with you and seeing what you can do. The staff and I have some reminders for you for next week.
- Drink plenty of water! Looking at the long range weather forecast the temperatures will be in the 80’s and low 90’s. Have a large water jug with you at all rehearsals so the staff can keep you hydrated. Drink water the night before rehearsal and the morning of rehearsal.
- Eat a good breakfast and make sure you eat at lunch.
- Bring and wear sunscreen. We always have students that get really sunburn from the long hours that we’re on the parking lot.
- Wear good shoes and socks.
- Have a three ring binder with clear plastic inserts for music and drill and a string long enough to carry your binder.
- Be prepared to work hard. For us to be successful we need everyone to put in their maximum effort.
- Attend rehearsals-We cannot get better as a group if we have large number of absences.
- Talent Show-On August 13th after the parent preview we have a student lock in until 12:00 midnight to celebrate the end of band camp. Part of the night is a student talent show. Please start thinking about and preparing your acts. One of the staff members will audition all acts during the week of August 8th.
- Rehearsals are closed to the public. We need the students to be 100% focused for time that we have them in rehearsal. This is just like any other class that you may have in school. If friends and family want to see what you are doing they can arrive the last fifteen minutes of rehearsal to watch the final run through of the show.
On Monday we will start the Tin Caps game fundraiser. Each student will be required to purchase their own ticket for the game. This is a fun night for the band and their families. Please sell as many tickets to family and friends. One half of your students ticket sales will go into the student’s band account.
Any parents or family members wishing to support the BOP students at contest, chaperoning, fundraisers, concessions, pit crew, and other activities that will put you in working contact with students other than your own will need to complete and submit a Volunteer Application to the Northrop office. You will not be able to assist in any of these capacities until approved by FWCS. Forms are above the orange mailbox in the band room.
Lastly, Saturday August 13th is our parent preview show. Please come and see what your students accomplished during the three weeks of band camp.
Let’s have a wonderful and successful band camp!
Sorry the email that went out with upcoming events there is a correction in the date for the Tin Caps Game it is scheduled for 8/31, not 8/26. Thanks.
I want to make sure the schedule for part 2 works for you as best as possible. I'm sorry we have to make any changes, but with things the way they are, we have to make sure I can still get the show written.
So, we are going to a split schedule for camp. The guard will practice from 9-Noon with the band in order to learn drill. Then we will come back from 5:30-8:30 so Haley and I can fill in choreography for that days drill. If you have issues with rides, please ask your guard friends that drive to carpool!
The band schedules stays the same and is as follows:
Monday, July 25th 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Band Camp, Full Rehearsal
Tuesday, July 26th 9:00-5:00 Band Camp, Full Rehearsal
Wednesday, July 27th 9:00-5:00 Band Camp, Full Rehearsal
Thursday, July 28th 9:00-5:00 Band Camp, Full Rehearsal
Monday, August 1st 9:00-5:00 Band Camp, Full Rehearsal
Tuesday, August 2nd 9:00-5:00 Band Camp, Full Rehearsal
Wednesday, August 3rd 9:00-5:00 Band Camp, Full Rehearsal
Thursday, August 4th 9:00-5:00 Band Camp, Full Rehearsal
Monday, August 8th 9:00-5:00 Band Camp, Full Rehearsal
Tuesday, August 9th 9:00-5:00 Band Camp, Full Rehearsal
Wednesday, August 10th 9:00-5:00 Band Camp, Full Rehearsal
Thursday, August 11th 9:00-5:00 Band Camp, Full Rehearsal
Saturday, August 13th 12:00-4:00 Band Camp, Full Rehearsal
5:00 Parent Preview
6:00-12:00 End of Camp Party
Monday, August 15th 9:05-4:10 First Day for Students
Tuesday, August 16th 4:30-6:30 Rehearsal
Wednesday, August 17th _______ No Rehearsal Wednesdays
Thursday, August 18th 4:30-8:30 Rehearsal
Friday, August 19th _______ No Rehearsal Fridays (unless there is a
game, then warmups at 6:00)
*This is your weekly rehearsal schedule
for the rest of the year (M/T/Th late)
This week's news
Attention BOP parents!!!
Here is your new Board for the 2016-2017 school year with the email address to contact them.
Co-President - Greg Houser -
Co-President - Beverly Pape - email@example.com
Vice President - Justin McClain - firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer - Dawn Houser -
Secretary - Amanda Crist
Feel free to contact any of the Board members with questions.
JULY NIMPA MEETING
Please plan to come join us for our (Regularly Scheduled ) July NIMPA meeting on Tuesday July 19th @6:30 pm in the band room.
We plan to present some new fund raising plans and plans for meals on Thursday late rehearsals. We will also be signing up people to volunteer for different activities.
We, the Board, want to thank everyone for the great turnout at the last meeting. We hope to see you again this time!
Here is a link to bring you to all the 2016 Documents that you can be downloaded and print out.
Please click here!